Project Warhound – Part 3 – Armour and Stuff + Battle Pics!

With all the Age of Sigmar stuff I’ve been doing, I didn’t think I would have a chance to get round to the Warhound, but as is evident by the prescence of this post, I have. Unfortunately I haven’t done a huge amount, just bits and bobs so this will most likely be a short post.

IMG_0980

To start of, here are the shin plates, which when viewed like this do look rather janky. They are the large set of wing ‘fins’ from the Heldrake, with all the silly crazy paving trim removed, which I have personally always disliked. As you can see, I have gotten a hold of some plasticard which I’ve been using to put trim on formerly trimless things. In front is the regular old GW Warpsmith, who I just grabbed off the shelf for a size comparison. Not sure why he was there, probably safe to assume that it was for repairs.

IMG_0981

Next up is the titan cod piece,  which is simple but I think quite effective. I wanted to give her the obligatory titan crotch banner, since my Chaos Knight (Russell) also has one. It is actually the banner from the Marauder Horsemen kit, which I will be getting well acquainted with in the near future.

IMG_0982

A little snap of the lower body as of right now. The upper thighs need some attention the most right now, as well as the middle sections. I think what I’m trying to say is that the legs are finished, and I’m trying to downplay it.

IMG_0983

I am oddly proud of the shoulder pads, even if they do look like the titan has sunk into my desk at the moment. This is the first project I’ve ever used plasticard with, and I’m honestly totally satisfied with all the areas I’ve used it on. I do need to put some rivets on there so they blend into the other areas, but that is a small (aha, puns!) task. What is not obvious though is that I also hate these shoulder pads, as up until I magenetised them to the torso they fell off constantly, and then refused to find their sockets to go back on again.

And now for some shots of it all together! The legs seemed a little weirdly proportioned by themselves, but I think as a whole it works. The head has gotten some trim, but it sill doesn’t look Chaos-y enough as it has been pointed out to me, so that and the thighs are going to be the big priorities. I’m thinking about some horns, but the ones I had in mind turned out to be (shockingly) too small. I have also bought some flexible cables and chains from Zinge Industries, which seem really good, so I will give them a go too, although I will hold off on recommending them until I see how well paint adheres to them.

I have had a chance to field the big girl in a few games, and she has performed amazingly average. The pictures to the right are from a game I had at home, where she looms over Renegade Baneblade whilst either missing Plasma Obliterator shots entirely or rolling 1’s on the D table, and the picture on the left is from a game I had against a friend’s Revenant and pair of Wraithknights, were she didn’t really do anything either, whilst Russell killed the Revenant in both the games we played. What I have discovered though is that giving her the Daemon Titan of Khorne rule and having a unit with the First War for Armageddon legacy of ruin is insane, since she gets an innate 4++ save.

That’s all for today, be sure to check out my Tumblr at  renegade-girl-blogfor more sporadic updates on whatever I’m working on. I think I  want to build the rest of my Slaanesh Warband’s foundations next. Thanks for attending Antagonists Anonymous!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s