No you aren’t hallucinating, I have actually finished painting models instead of building new ones. I wanted to get the basis on the Slaanesh army, the Knights, done first to test the colour scheme and generally get the ball rolling on this force.
And here they are! At the moment there are two units of five, and the eventual aim is for each to be ten strong at 2,000 points. I inverted the colour scheme on each unit so they can be told apart on the table, whilst retaining a cohesive aesthetic (I almost sound like I know what I’m talking about with long words like that). But the real question is, is the original colour scheme brown with purple trim or purple with brown trim?
Actually the answer to that question is the first option, since this was the test model for the army. I didn’t really know how I wanted to paint them when I built them. I knew I wanted purple in there since it is both my favourite colour and very Slaaneshi (adding to the number of purple armies I now have), although I didn’t want to do anything too cliched or outrageous. I settled on a brown colour for various reasons, but I didn’t feel too sure about it until I washed it with Druchii Violet, and it turned into this gorgeous crimson/burgundy colour that I don’t think my camera has captured too well. I would like to say it was planned, but it really wasn’t, and as a nice bonus they look quite ‘realistic’ in my opinion, which really appeals to me for some reason in a fantasy setting.
Enough gushing about the colours, lets look at more models! This is the first unit, or the Burgundy Brigade as I call it. They aren’t perfect, but for the time it took to paint them I am quite satisfied (engage horrible flashbacks to weeks spent painted Seekers). My one concern is that the bone seems to be very prominent, but I think I can live with it.
And now for the second unit, or the Purple Patrol as it shall be known. I adore that rich colour the purple wash creates, although I think it might overpower the brown trim a tiny bit, but not enough for me to want to change it. On a side note, even though you can’t really see the front of it from here, I want to paint some sort of design on the banners, in blood of course, but I’ll do that when I next remember whilst using that paint.
To finish off here are the Doomknights from each unit to compare the colour differences. Unfortunately it’s just a short post today, but I wanted to get it out to have some sort of regularity to the blog. It was meant to go up last night, but I didn’t have the time because I was too busy actually making progress with the Warhound. Be sure to check out my Tumblr at renegade-girl-blogfor more sporadic updates on whatever I’m working on. Thanks for attending Antagonists Anonymous!