Project Warhound – Part 5 – Construction Finished!

I didn’t think we would ever reach this point, but nearly three months after construction began, the Warhound is built! There’s no time to wait, let’s jump right into the very minor changes!

 

There is a little bit more trim, and as is hopefully more noticeable on the head, I added tiny little spiky rivets, painstaking shaved off of Heldrake wings. I aimed to have my custom trim blend in with the molded trim as a result, but also because you can never have a spiky enough Chaos model. I look forward to them breaking off one by one over the coming years…

A few more tiny details, mostly on the backs of the legs, like those extra pistons, and some more vents on the back. I would be surprised if anyone besides myself actually noticed a difference from the last update by these pictures, but take my word for it, there are new things. The back does look an eensy bit bare, but I knew that I could easily waste another two weeks trying to figure out how to make it just right, and I really wanted to move on with this project, especially since the Marauder Horsemen are painted, so I can focus my time on it.

I also magnetised some more weapons, just in case I felt like changing it up on the table. I had the parts for a single Vulcan Megabolter, and another Plasma Blastgun. I don’t think very highly of the Vulcan on a Warhound, you can do better for the points, but I doubt I was going to use it for another project, and it makes the gun arm look kinda stubby and cute, so that is a bonus. Or maybe I’ve just developed parental feelings to the Warhound after months of it squatting on my desk…

img_1240

Unfortunately that is it, I was planning to have a final picture of it sprayed to lead into the next stage of the project, but my spray can ran empty about 80% through, so that plan went out the window. I don’t know what the next post will be, but I am quickly painting up some of my true scale characters, so perhaps I can get them done by the weekend! Be sure to check out my Tumblr at  renegade-girl-blog for more sporadic updates on whatever I’m working on. Thanks for attending Antagonists Anonymous!

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Project Warhound – Part 5 – Construction Finished!

  1. She’s looking brilliant! I think the extra detailing on the legs makes a big difference overall, and I can’t wait to see this with a coat of paint. Bravo! 🙂

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s