It feels like it has been a long time, but I’m back with some freshly painted models! This time it’s my new(ish) Necron conversions, since I finally settled on the colour scheme, so I knuckled down and painted them up.
First up are the Destroyers, and as you can see I opted for a turquoise on copper combination, and naturally the glowing stuff was purple. The armour and the glowing effects compliment each other much better than I thought they would, and I really like the subtlety of the transition between the two colours. Not wanting to blow my own horn even more, but I am quite pleased with the copper as well, since I didn’t want to have yet another army that used large amounts of silver.
I think I took some scale pictures last time I showed these guys, but here are some more now that they are presentable.
Next are the Tomb Blades, and although I do like them just as much as the Destroyers, I am a little unsure about the shields. I think there should be a little bit of copper at the edges, however the pictures make them look better than they do in person.
Usually when I do a conversion I am worried whether they are the correct size for what I will use them as (such as the Helbrute in these pictures), but thankfully since these guys are just upside down, they are fine!
And that is it! Just a short update today, hopefully I can go back to longer posts once I’ve settled into routine for my new job. Be sure to check out my Tumblr at renegade-girl-blog for more sporadic updates on whatever I’m working on. Thanks for attending Antagonists Anonymous!